KIMBERLY J. MUNSON
Kimberly Munson is an established and successful trial attorney. She chose Baylor University for college and law school because she knew what she wanted to do - litigate. She was able to begin law school on a special early enrollment program after three years at Baylor. Kimberly has been recognized as an attorney who is adept at handling opposing counsel and parties with difficult personalities.
- Numerous bench and jury trials in state and federal court.
- Obtained a summary judgment on all claims (wrongful death and survival) against an insured landowner in a fatality go-cart rollover in which a five year old child was killed.
- Obtained a summary judgment on all claims (fraud, DTPA, misrepresentation) against the seller of a home.
- Obtained a non-suit of all claims (negligence, negligence per se) against an insured landowner in a slip and fall case.
- Obtained a non-suit of all claims (wrongful death and survival) against the seller of bicycle in a fatality bicycle accident.
- Obtained a non-suit of all claims (negligence) against an insured landowner in an accident involving a horse on the landowner's property.
- Obtained a non-suit of all claims in a defamation lawsuit.
- Obtained defense verdict of no negligence against an insured landowner involving a trampoline accident.
- Obtained defense verdict of no negligence in rear-end automobile accident.
- Successfully resolved cases involving injuries and blindness resulting from the use of paintball markers.
- Successfully coordinated resolution of a suit with 10 defendants with each carrier paying pennies on the dollar in indemnity and defense costs as a result.
- Obtained ruling in favor of the surface water exclusion in binding arbitration.
- Obtained ruling that foundation damage was not caused by a plumbing leak and was excluded in binding arbitration.
- Insured withdrew claim following Examination Under Oath in which it was established the insured either lied to the insurance company about her claim or the bankruptcy court.
- Defended employers in federal court on employment discrimination claims in which a successful resolution was reached in less than 9 months.
- Resolved a suit with seven claimants and over $1 million in Medicaid and hospital liens to conclude all claims and liens within the $100,000 policy limit and obtain approval of the resolution by the Guardian Ad Litem for the five minor plaintiffs.
- Successfully handled over 1000 friendly suits/minor prove-ups.
- Appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem by judges in Collin, Dallas,Tarrant and Denton Counties.
- Obtained a summary judgment on all causes of action (wrongful death and survival) against an Alzheimer's resident who was alleged to have grabbed a co-resident's chair causing her to fall, hit her head and die.
- Successfully mediated cases in-person and through Zoom.
Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 1994
Baylor University, B.B.A., 1992
All Texas State Courts
U.S. District Court, Northern District
U.S. District Court, Eastern District
U.S. District Court, Southern District
U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Certified to be appointed Attorney Ad Litem pursuant to Section 646(b), Subpart E, Part 2, Chapter XIII, Texas Probate Code.
Completed Mediator Training required by Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code §154.052.
Texas Association of Defense Counsel
Collin County Bar Association
Elected Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation